Belly Button Anatomy Structures and Tissues
The Belly Button, Umbilicus, or Navel was once the attachment of the mothers umbilical stalk permitting passage of the nutrition through the abdominal wall of the fetus in the womb. The scar healing under unique circumstances of newborn is a tethering point for draping of abdominal skin. there's typically very little to no fat between the epidermis dermis and underlying fascia. The nearby abdominal skin has this beautiful special supporting system. Between the belly button and this normal anatomy is a transition.
Epidermis is our outside protective layer of skin. The Dermis is just under the epidermis is a dense connective tissue layer of collagen fibers structural support. Hair follicles sebaceous glands, sweat glands are among elements supported by this framework. Subcuticular region contains the Fat and SFS Superficial Fascia Support System of Campers and Scarpa's Fascia. There is another fine network of fibers connecting this SFS to the underlying fascia envelope of muscle. Occupying the spaces in between these fibers are globules of storage fat. These layers vary in design and structural strength around the body.
Text Links To Other Pages
Weight gain, bodybuilding, and pregnancy stretch and distort both skin this fascia supporting system and fascia muscle envelope of the abdomen. After Weight Loss, After Pregnancy, lost muscle bulk, aging, and medical conditions can result in laxity and drooping. How well the stretched structures return to normal varies greatly. When these structures remain stretched, understanding the anatomy is the key to good Belly Button Umbilicoplasty, Tummy Tuck and Lower Body Lift Surgery restoration.
The Color of Fascia Anatomy
Interactive Drawings and Text Links To Other Pages
As in most anatomy of gynecomastia drawings, anatomy of the skin are just does not look like what is seen in the operating room or cadaver dissections. I created a series Gynecomastia anatomy, Male Puffy Nipple Anatomy, Anatomy Puffy Nipple Complication, and Female Breast Anatomy drawings to try to rectify that. I tried to show both the male and female breasts gland in fascia suspension systems as what I saw on the operating room along the lines of what I've learned from Dr. Lockwood.
Proportions and quantity of each of these structural elements very by location on the body function and other factors. The skin needs to be closer to the fashion muscle at flexing creases for function. Ear, nose, eyelid, lip, fingers, toes all need their specific solutions.
Visit our Belly Button Boards and Forum to share experiences, ask questions, and learn more.
Belly Button Umbilicoplasty Navigation
Belly Button Plastic Surgery - Important Information
- Belly Buttons Exposed
- What is a Belly Button or Umbilicus?
- Belly Button Anatomy And Sagging
- Beautiful Belly Buttons
- Focus on the Belly Button
- Belly Buttons Can Change with Pregnancy
- Belly Button Surgery - Photographs during Umbilicoplasty - Belly Button Dressings
- Belly Button Surgery - Pictures during Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty - More Photos
- How Soon Do I See My Results? - Recovery After Belly Button Surgery
- Healing, Swelling, and Bruising After Dr. Bermant's Belly Button Umbilicoplasty
- Belly Button Surgery - Risks / Complications
- Belly Button Tuck - Stomach Skin Cannot be Tightened With Umbilicoplasty
- Travel for Belly Button Surgery
- Standard Pictures for Belly Button Umbilicoplasty
- Cost of Umbilicoplasty Belly Button Surgery
Belly Button Picture Gallery - Before After Umbilicoplasty Surgery
- 26 year old male - Belly Button Pictures before and after sculpture to convert "outie" to "innie"
- 21 year old female - Belly Button Umbilicoplasty to change "outie" to "innie"
- 21 year old female - Revision Belly Button Umbilicoplasty Navel Surgery
- 39 year old female - Surgery to revise "outie" Belly Button after prior Umbilicoplasty by another Plastic Surgeon
- 30 year old female - Revise Belly Button Tuck to recreate belly button after failed MiniTuck then failed Revision Umbilicoplasty by other Surgeon - Pictures Before After Revision Tummy Tuck - Video Reconstruction Belly Button with Patient Experiences
- 47 year old female - neoumbilicoplasty, pictures before and after the making of a new belly button
- Picture Gallery of Belly Button Surgery During Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty
- 27 year old female - pictures of belly button surgery as part of Tumescent Tummy Tuck
- 29 year old female - photos of navel plastic surgery for loose skin around the belly button as part of high lateral tension tummy tuck
- 38 year old female Tumescent Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty and Repair Diastasis Recti - pictures from side and back - belly button photos
- 33 year old female - images of belly button before and after tummy tuck abdominoplasty
- Tumescent Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty - Loose Skin and C-section scar after twins - wrinkled skin about belly button
- 28 year old female - belly button photos before and after Tumescent Tummy Tuck with umbilicoplasty
- 34 year old female - photographs of belly button before and after Tumescent Tummy Tuck abdominoplasty
- 30 year old after massive weight loss female belly button sculpture - during Tumescent Tummy Tuck
- 28 year old male body builder after weight loss - belly button pictures and movies before and after Tumescent Tummy Tuck abdominoplasty
- 39 year old male - belly button images before and after Tumescent Tummy Tuck abdominoplasty
- Belly Button, Navel, and Umbilicus Links on the Web