Risks and Possible Complications of Surgery for Inverted Nipples
All surgery carries some uncertainty and risk
When surgery for nipple inversion is performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, complications are infrequent and usually minor. Risks depend on the problem to be treated, other medical issues, and surgical technique. Dr. Bermant has been resculpting nipples for many years. Nevertheless, as with any surgery, there are risks. These include re-inversion, infection, tissue injury, excessive bleeding, and adverse reaction to anesthesia. The procedure may also result in noticeable scars, permanent pigment changes, or slightly mismatched nipples. Nipple protrusion with stimulation may change. If nipple inversion recurs or asymmetry is significant, a second procedure may be needed. The temporary effects of inverted nipple surgery can include loss of breast sensation or numbness.
The ability to breast feed after any surgery for inverted nipples cannot be guaranteed. Dr. Bermant is happy to help his patients explore such issues and concerns during their consultations and preliminary remote evaluations.
Inverted Nipple Correction - Important Information
- Normal Female Breast Anatomy
- Inverted Nipple Causes
- Nipple Inversion Grading System
- The Crater Deformity Defect Complication is a surgical error that can Pull In the Nipple to different degrees.
- Surgery to Fix Inverted Nipples
- Why Travel to Virginia for Inverted Nipple Surgery?
- Inverted Nipple Pictures - Standard Views
- Cost of Plastic Surgery for Inverted Nipples
- How Soon Do I See My Results? - Recovery After Surgery to Fix Inverted Nipples
- Correction Inverted Nipples - Risks / Complications
- Inverted And Flat Nipple on the Web
- Female Patient Pictures Inverted Nipples before and after surgery
- Woman with Inverted Nipple Pictures Before / After Cosmetic Surgery -
- Female with Nipple Inversion and Travel from Pennsylvania for Surgery
- Female with Inverted Nipples Who Traveled from Connecticut For Surgery
- Female From Florida with Inverted Nipples Pictures Before and After Surgery
- Male with Inverted Nipples from Gynecomastia.
- Female with Recurrent Nipple Inversion - Revision Inverted Nipples